the 2008 CBC bucky awards!


fell asleep last night listening to my favourite canadian podcast - the CBC Radio 3 Podcast w/ Grant Lawrence. yesterday's episode (which aired december 17th) was a special broadcast of the third annual 2008 Bucky Awards, which featured awards for categories like 'best road trip song', 'best collaboration', 'most canadian song' and my favourite, 'best lyric'.

listening to the podcast (which you can: subscribe to on itunes & also follow on twitter) always makes me miss the canadian music scene and all those ridiculous, awesome, beautiful years living in vancouver. now that i've been away for a few years, i tend to think back on my time on the west coast with this kind of golden, hazy glow.

i suppose the thing i miss most is how small the canrock scene used to seem. bands work together and tour like crazy and some of my favourite musicians in the world were my friends and people i would see regularly on the street, in the bar and at coffee shops. go listen to the podcast! xo

2 comments:

mcooper said...

yeah, me too. why is that? I didn't feel that golden glow when I was there. Now i'm mad for it. Merry Christmas to you aswell!

jennwong said...

merry christmas, merek!
it's been ages, i owe you an email! xoxo